Many people are involved in working with us. They all have good stories to tell. We have gathered some of their real life stories here for you to read. More stories are coming so check regularly!
- Replenishing ground water in Nawalparasi
- Public Notice of ending of RWSSP-WN phase- I
- Dana VDC in Myagdi district declared total behavior change in hygiene and sanitation
- Dana VDC of Myagdi district is going to be declared TBC
- Dagdi yard connection scheme in Syangja
- Semler VDC of Rupandehi has been declared ODF
- Two VDCs of Rupandehi district have been declared odf
- All VDCs of Mustang districts are declared ODF
- Ward number seven of Thaprek VDC declared TBC
- Myagdi opened bank account for District WASH fund
Ward number seven of Thaprek VDC declared TBC
Ward number seven of Thaprek VDC in Tanahun was declared TBC in H&S (total behavior changed in hygiene and sanitation) on 11 June 2013. It is the first ward of all the 46 VDCs of Tanahun to be declared. The TBC in H&S is a set of behaviors that emphasizes on water, sanitation and hygiene behavior and practices that create long term impact on community health improvement.
What is the criteria for TBC in H&S?
- All households should have access to toilets with proper use, and there is no open defecation found in the respective community / Ward / VDC / District.
- All institutions must have toilet access for men and women as well as hand washing facilities
- All schools must have separate toilets for men/boys and women/girls as well as hand washing facilities
- All institutional toilets must have access to all including differently abled children, youth, adult
- All individuals practice key hygiene behaviours
- General cleanliness is prevailing and sustained in the village.
How is the criteria certified?
Once all of the above criteria were met by Thaprek community, they sent their request to VWASHCC and ultimately to the DWASHCC in the district to declare the ward as “TBC in H&S”. The VWASHCC verified the situation and recommended it to the DWASHCC for further verification and approval. The DWASHCC sent a multi-disciplinary and multi- stakeholder group to verify the situation. After the report of these verifying bodies, the DWASHCC approved/certified to declare the ward TBC.